Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved. Paid for by the Holly Williamson Campaign.
Judge Holly Williamson
A leader in the judiciary for over 15 years, working tirelessly to create positive reforms in the justice system, innovate new court processes, and help all in our community have access to justice.
Judge Holly Williamson
Judge Holly Williamson has been serving as the distinguished judge of Harris County Pct 8, Place 1 since her election in 2008. Prior to her esteemed position on the bench, Judge Williamson built a solid foundation of legal expertise through her extensive practice in federal, state, and justice court law. With over 25 years of legal and judicial experience, she has presided over tens of thousands of cases, earning a well-deserved reputation for her commitment to fair and impartial justice and unfettered access to the courts.
Commitment to Justice with Servant’s Heart
Judge Williamson’s unwavering dedication to fair and impartial justice is reflected in her approach to every case that comes before her. She understands the importance of upholding the law while ensuring that all individuals are treated with respect and fairness. Her number one priority is to ensure that the legal system serves the community equitably, and she tirelessly works to uphold this commitment in every aspect of her judicial duties.
Dedication, Integrity, and Experience
Throughout her career, Judge Williamson has consistently demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the principle of dedication, integrity and fairness.
Her deep understanding of the law, combined with her years of experience, has equipped her with the insight and wisdom necessary to navigate the complexities of the legal system. Whether presiding over complex civil cases, criminal matters, or administrative hearings, Judge Williamson brings a wealth of knowledge and a steadfast dedication to her responsibilities as a judge.
Join Judge Holly Williamson in Upholding Justice
Thank you for visiting Judge Holly Williamson’s official website. Together, let’s continue to uphold the principles of justice, integrity, and equality within our legal system.
About the Court
- Small Claims and Civil Cases: Justices of the Peace handle civil cases where the amount in controversy does not exceed $20,000. These cases may include landlord-tenant disputes, debt collection, and other civil matters.
- Evictions: JPs have jurisdiction over landlord-tenant matters, including eviction cases and hearings related to lease disputes.
- Traffic Offenses and Class C Misdemeanors: JPs have authority to preside over cases involving traffic violations and other Class C misdemeanors.
- Magistration: Justices of the Peace are responsible for conducting magistration hearings for individuals who have been arrested, informing them of their rights, and setting bond amounts.
- Administrative Duties: JPs may also perform administrative functions such as issuing warrants, subpoenas, and other legal documents.
- Preliminary Hearings: In some cases, JPs may also conduct preliminary hearings for more serious criminal offenses to determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial.
What Voters Say
Read what voters are saying about Judge Williamson
“Judge Williamson’s dedication to our community is inspiring”
“ I always enjoy having cases in Judge Wiliamson’s Court, her staff is super professional and She always follows the law”
“Judge Holly’s service to this community is unprecedented she has a true love for the folks in Pct 8.”
Hon. Molly Smith
“Judge Williamson is an amazing and caring Judge and a true professional. She goes above and beyond in everything she does.”